Basic Function of position: The Front Desk volunteer fills in at the reception desk in either the Women’s Center or the Men’s Center. This person creates a welcoming atmosphere and warmly greets all who enter. He/she will take phone calls, manage the schedule, assist clients and volunteers, and support the staff. Thorough training is provided, and volunteers do not handle tasks or situations outside of their comfort zone.
• Ability to interact warmly with a diverse group of guests who enter the building
• Ability to manage phone and computer systems
• Organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to handle a busy lobby at times
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required